Old 27-02-2007, 06:24 AM posted to alt.garden.pond.chat
[email protected] pond@waterbugdesign.com is offline

Default Fountain Refilling

On Feb 7, 10:49 am, wrote:
Is there a product which will automatically add water to a fountain
once it gets low or to a set level and can be connected to a homes
outdoor faucet?

Also, most feed stores sell a watering a float valve for horse troughs
that works well. Designed to be hooked up to a graden hose. About $15.
However, garden hoses aren't meant to be under pressure all the time.
I had one split open once.

I use 2 values. First is a lawn sprinkler valve hooked into the normal
drip system/sprinkler timer. I run PVC from the sprinkler value to the
trough valve, there's a PVC adpator for garden hose connections. You
could use a garden hose. I set the lawn sprinkler valve to go on for 2
minutes or so everyday. The sprinkler sends water to the trough valve
which only adds water if needed and shuts off before overflow.

I do this because these cheap float valves can get stuck open or not
close 100%.