Old 19-02-2003, 12:39 AM
Nuttshaw

Default Holding new roses in pots until the weather cooperates

Hi!
I'm new here to this NG. I have been watching and reading and
learning....but this is my first post. I'm also new to successful rose
growing...it has taken me a lot of trial and error to keep a rose over a
year. I'm at about a year and a nine months with two minis I brought from
Georgia to Arizona. A record for me! I was quite impressed with myself for
pulling that off. I've just planted two large rose bushes in pots...wish me
luck Anyway, being a novice, I feel this is the best I can offer at this
time as far as moving large pots around goes.
I'm living in a rental house and refuse to leave any of my roses behind.
I've put them in large pots and they are almost impossible to move.....but I
put the pots on the little 4 wheeled carts that fit right underneath. I
grabbed them at Home Depot for like 5 bucks. My husband and I were checking
them out and you could easily build them to accommodate your pot size...that
is, if you like to build stuff. But it makes life much easier when I want to
move them around.

Ok, that's all
Thank You
Sarah

"Tim B" wrote in message
. ..
Thanks.

The holes, in my humble experience, keep the plants from toppling over in
the wind. And of course they are far enough apart that the roses don't
whack against each other and damage each other's leaves with their thorns.

For potted-up roses starting to leaf out nicely (which is what I buy) it
seems to work pretty well except for the daily move.

"Unique Too" wrote in message
"Tim B" writes:

(2) Is there some better solution I'm missing? It's tiring to move a

dozen
pots back and forth on a daily basis.

Who am I to offer advice on low temperatures to someone who has a real

winter,
I won't even comment on how much cold they can handle.

But for a an easier solution, use a garden cart that will hold all the

roses
and move it back and forth. Sure would be quicker than moving them one

by
one.
And I wouldn't even bother putting them in their holes, just leave them

on the
cart until you're ready to plant 'em.