Old 28-02-2007, 12:15 PM posted to aus.gardens
Geoff & Heather Geoff & Heather is offline

Default bulk cow manure in Sydney

There is a mushroom farm in the tunnel under the Hwy at Glenbrook - but
don't recall seeing them sell the old stuff

"Terryc" wrote in message
My local "manure/compost" supplies are 20L bags of chicken, cow or
mushroom compost at a nearby chicken breeder.

I know the chicken breeder bags his own shed scrappings as the compost,
but I expect he buys in the cow and mushroom compost (probably bagged)
from another supplier.

Does anyone know of such a supplier in SW Sydney, or wider afield?

Supply of cow and mushroom has become a problem and I' prepared to buy in
bulk (pallet, wool bale or 100 bags) to get it.

Terry have you tried to find stables (ie racing trainers, recreational
riding stables etc) round your area?

Otterbot and I both swear by horse manure as being a wonderful amendment
for soil and as a cattle producer, poultry owner and child of former
poultry farmers, I can tell you that I would rather have horse poo than
any other manure.

The reason why I suggest trying to find a stable complex somewhere in your
area is that on the fringes of suburbia, it is often a problem for them to
get rid of the poo and they usually let people come and load up tralers
full of the stuff. Or do you need to get it delivered?