Old 28-02-2007, 10:18 PM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default bulk cow manure in Sydney

FarmI wrote:

Terry have you tried to find stables (ie racing trainers, recreational
riding stables etc) round your area?

We know of Warrick Farm and a training place at Cobbity. We have been to
the Cobbity place once. It was lots of shavings and little poo.

The other problem is storing it for three months for the worming kill
stuff to disapate. Bit hard to handle half wool packs of the stuff.

Otterbot and I both swear by horse manure as being a wonderful amendment for
soil and as a cattle producer, poultry owner and child of former poultry
farmers, I can tell you that I would rather have horse poo than any other
manure.

Well, that is interesting. It might be just lack of exterience from the
other people that they never mention horse.

Might also be that it isn't available in small bags (20L) lots. It
doesn't worry us, but is a factor for some people.

The reason why I suggest trying to find a stable complex somewhere in your
area is that on the fringes of suburbia, it is often a problem for them to
get rid of the poo and they usually let people come and load up tralers full
of the stuff. Or do you need to get it delivered?

We can do trailer and back of van loads no trouble (so far). I have a
nice collection of long handle shovels for loading {:-). It is just
finding the open places atm. I get told disease and public liability are
issue.

But we are looking. Just thought I'd ask if anyone knew.