Old 19-02-2003, 03:03 AM
Bob H

Default 18" of Snow on Long Island - yes this too is global warming

Yet here in the inland pacific northwest we have had hardly a trace of the
expected snow, all winter we have had 2-2" "storms" and a dusting or two we
have had a record low snowfall:-(, in fact, I have been outside over the
long weekend working on the sand base for my new pond as the daytime temps
have been in the mid 40's (should be in the 20-30 range)...I want your
snow..........I miss winter :-)

"D Kat" wrote in message
After failing to find a water heater anywhere locally I went out and

bought
an air bubbler to keep a hole open in the pond. It was doing such a

gallant
job and then we got over 18" of snow in one day. I can't even see where

the
pond exists let alone a hole somewhere in the vast blanket of white on our
back yard. even the chairs and benches are under. I have to laugh at the
misconception folks have of global warming, thinking it means we will all
have San Diego weather when in fact what it means is that with the ocean
covering most of our earth being the heat sink and the weather maker we

will
have more extremes of all weather. The "snowstorm of the century" was

just
a few years ago and we missed beating that record by a couple of inches.
The previous 2 record beaters were I believe since 1988. DKat