Old 27-03-2003, 01:56 AM
len brauer

Default Difference in young Washingtonia Palms

g'day john,

the only way i know is the 'w.filifera' aka american cotton palm has
those white thread like material hanging from the fronds.

hope this helps a bit

len

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 11:06:58 +1030, "John B."
wrote:

I was wondering how to tell the difference between a W. Robusta and a W.
filifera in my garden. They are only some 1.5 metres high at the moment.
(bird poop palms) ?

Any help appreciated - I want to keep the W. robusta species.

--
happy gardening

http://hub.dataline.net.au/~gardnlen/