Old 09-03-2007, 06:15 AM posted to rec.gardens
Thea Barbato Thea Barbato is offline

Default Garden/Landscaping Information request

Hi,
I'm new to the group and would like to request direct information or perhaps
some sites that will provide me direct information about light landscaping
(versus moving a whole yard around - I'm not referring to illumination with
the term "light" : - ) and flower gardens..

I have several areas in my yard that need "prettying up" or at least, a
modicum of landscaping efforts. My budget is modest, but I do want it to
look as nice as possible within my constraints. I'm in Zone 7 and the
specific area(s) to be planted are in both full sun and partial shade. I'm
planning to plant a vegetable garden which is pretty basic, so that's no
real challenge.

However, I'm seeking to plant some nice flowers and/or other reasonably
priced green shrubs/plants. I prefer perennials so that I'm not replanting
each year and am considering some daisies as one option, but definitely want
a variety. I'm looking for hardy flowers that can withstand drought and if
possible, fragrant flowers.

I realize my requests are too open-ended to get much specific info. If
someone could recommend a superb gardening site that offers comparative
information on different plants and also planting suggestions (i.e., a
landscape plan), then that would be most helpful.

Thank you in advance and I apologize if this has been asked and covered
before.