Old 09-03-2007, 07:13 PM posted to rec.gardens
William Wagner William Wagner is offline

Default can't read articles older than about 9 days - help!

In article ,
Janet Baraclough wrote:

The message

from William Wagner contains these words:

In article , "OhioGuy" wrote:

I'm using a news server called aioe.org, and for some reason I
can't read
anything that is more than about 9 days old.

I realize that this isn't directly garden related, but it really
affects
my ability to read older gardening usenet articles in here.

Can anyone suggest another free usenet server that doesn't seem to
get rid
of messages until they are at least two weeks old? Sometimes I
don't get on
here all that often, so I'd like to be able to read articles several
weeks
back.

I'm using outlook express as my news reader, so if there is some
setting
in there that might affect this, please tell me!

Thanks

Goggle Groups.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.gardens/topics

Google groups does archive newsgroups free to anyone, but not in
their entirety, and its very cumbersome and littered with spam trash.
It's not a newsreader, which is what he wants

Good newsreaders provide a wide range of (automated) choices about how
ngs are presented, (or eliminated) how long they are retained etc. Mine
is zimacs, a free service from the isp I subscribe to (zetnet)

Janet.

My provider is Snip.net which provides access to Usenet. But I perfer
Supernews a paid subscription for 31734 + Groups. I use
MT-Newswatcher which is Donation Ware this on a Mac.

Bill who thought the OP wanted to read some older posts. I do not
know what Outlook Express does. I thought it was Mail.

--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade