Old 09-03-2007, 07:34 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default can't read articles older than about 9 days - help!

"William Wagner" wrote in message
I do not
know what Outlook Express does. I thought it was Mail.

I read all my newsgroups on Outlook Express.........I have it set to save
messages for 90 days and you can also do a search from present back 5 years,
this also depends on your settings and ISP's news server.
on your OE window got to Tools
Accounts.......click the news tab
make sure it says
news.'yourisp'.com, OK
back to Tools.....click
'newsgroups' on the drop down menu and chose what you want to subscribe to.

It all depends on who your ISP uses for their news server and what their
settings are so why don't you just call their tech support and they'll help
you make sure all your settings are correct. Depending on ISP, newserver and
connections, your mileage may vary.

Val