Old 10-03-2007, 06:19 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default worms! (book recommendation)

"0tterbot" wrote in message

I can hear the delightful (gag!) Christopher Pyne pontificating in the
background

i see that your reading of my post was ruined by the presence of
christopher pyne on lateline g.

Yup! I'm only glad I was in another room and didn't actually listen to
anything he said. My rather large blundstone might otherwise have put a
hole in the TV.

I also have real thing about spelling mistakes and especially ones from
organisation that should be capable of doing a better job. It' so
sloppily unprofessional.

that's it. along with the oddball opinions, it creates doubt in one's
mind.

I must admit that I don't mind oddball opinions if it's not opinions being
foisted on me by politicians who actually have to power to impact on my
life. I might argue strongly against them but I find that they make me
think about why I don't like them so I think they are often a good brain
tester.

But having said that, I have heard lots of good reports of
the Yeomans Plows (gag again!)

to the utterly uninformed eye, they seem very flexible! and i do like that
idea of ripping without turning (which obviously isn't a new idea).

In agricultural terms I think it was new to this country and given that they
also export to the US, I think they were certainly there in the earliest of
days. If you read the Yeoman's books you'll se what I mean. I know there
are at least some chapters available online if not the whole of the first
book.

Yeomans was the equivalent of the Peter Andrews (of natural sequence farming
fame) of his day.

You may also be interested in the Potter Farms in Victoria of you need to
regenerate farming land.

i think they are ready to soil their frilly knickers.

Yup. They are starting to ask to be called by their first name these days.
amazing how and election can know off their arrogance.

did you see p. costello the other night? it took us 1/2 hour to work out
what the hell was wrong with him. eventually dh hit upon it - he was
acting exactly like john clarke impersonating p. costello. it was
_surreal_. creepy though he can be, i don't mind p. costello as he has
that saving grace - a sense of humour, but i think maybe paul keating was
right - he's all tip & no iceberg now. tee hee.

I actually don't find Costello creepy at all. The real problem for many
pollies is that they are very differnt in the flesh than they appear on the
box or in the 10 second grabs on the radio. He is a very decent human being
(with that good sense of humour you mentioned) and I could cope with the
Libs being in govt if he was at the helm (except I do have some concerns
given that he was the legal eagle involved in the infamous Dollar Sweets
court case). He isn't up himself like some. I also like Bronwyn Bishop.
Pity she gets such undeserved bad press - she actually has a conscience.

But I agree with Keating. Since Costello didn't make his run when he last
threatened to, he won't now have a chance.

So what is it you don't understand. Not that I can necessarily help you
but their may be some comfort in mutual ignorance.

i can't even seem to work out what a "coulter" is!

Its the cutting bit. Probably best to show you a pic so look at:
http://www.unibar.com.au/products/ag/ub44-900.html
It's the round discs in front of the shanks.

I've asked them to send me their "RED BOOK" but that was some time ago
now and the sodding thing still hasn't arrived. Now that the rain ahs
arrived we need to get moving on a suitable plough to fit our tractor's
capacity.

if you would like mine, i would be happy to send it as i have doubts it's
any use to me - i just don't need that sort of scale & i think i must have
thought they'd have some sort of tiny all-in-one object for the smaller
user. they got it to me in a couple of days, very efficient.

let me know if you would like it.

Thanks for the offer but since I've already asked them for it, I'm probably
in the system somewhere - I mailed them so I might just have to do as you
did and go online if it's not here in a couple of days.