Old 27-03-2003, 03:21 AM
Kenny Horn

Default Pic's of my tank..

Thanks for the replies concerning my bumble bee goby not feeding..

A few people had advised me that it would get on fine in my tropical tank..
Achh well.. a lesson has been learnt!!

Would he be happier in a Malawi setup?? or would that be considered too
salty??

Cheers, Kenny

"Kenny Horn" - wrote in message ...
Hello..

I've just uploaded a small site with some pic's of my tank..

http://web.onetel.net.uk/~kennyhorn/myplantedtank/

The pic's aren't great, this is the first time I have taken pictures of my
tank.. I found it really difficult to get enough light into the tank so

the
shutter speed is a little slow in some of them!! notice the blurred

fishes!!
Digital camera's are great for speed but ya don't seem to get the
functionality/quality of a proper SLR unless you splash out

loads-a-money!!

I can't really be bothered spending loads of time designing the site so

it's
pretty basic.. but ya can at least get an impression of the tank..

The tank is 24x12x12.. with:
1 Platy (The other 3 died!! a while ago)
1 Bumble Bee Goby (I think it's about to die.. can't seem to get it to
feed!! and advice?? I've tried flakes, brine shrimp, daphnia, blood worm..
but no luck.. he's now lookin rather sorry and concaved belly!!)
2 female Siamese fighters, 1 male (a little bit chewed by a rather
aggressive female.. but she knows who's boss now.. took a good few months
for her to stop chasing/biting him!! long story!!)
3 cardinal tetras (had 8 but they've died off!! )
2 green sword tails (1 was female but she changed to a male, guess the

other
male wasn't much competition for her!!)
and a catfish (it's a hypostomus plecostomus, sorry about spelling, can't

be
bother lookin it up!!

I had a better, more balanced selection of fish although a few have died
over the past months and I haven't been bother replacing them as I'm about
to move flat's.. so there doesn't seem much point, until i'm settled in my
new home!!

As for the plants:
Aponegeton Crispus.. doing really well with loads of new growth/buds

(notice
at the front of the tank!!)
Java Fern tied to bog wood
Cryptocorne nevelli & wendetti (i think)
Hygrophilia Polysperma (not doin as well as I'd hoped.. Think I need more
light only 1 15Watt tube which is rather old!! I found the tank in a
cupboard of a flat I moved into!! good find!!)
Malaysia Sword (at least I think that's what's it it's.. it's a fantastic
grower.. now about 5 times bigger than when I bought it!! and is growing

out
of the tank!! fantastic!!)

Hope you find this interesting!!

Cheers, Kenny