Old 27-03-2003, 03:44 AM
Donna in Idaho!

Default Cucumbers?

We've planted Armenian cucumbers for years. A couple years ago while
driving the Alaska Highway up through Canada, we found the English cucumbers
in the super mkts in Canada and in Alaska & really liked them. My husband
thought he would like to try growing them. I actually like the Armenians as
well as the English, except for the fact that they're like zucchinis - you
can't keep up with them!
--
Donna in Idaho!
SW Idaho Project Linus Coordinator

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

"Raffi Kojian" wrote in message
We have bought English cucumbers at the super market & really like them,

but
don't find them in the seed catalogs. Burpees has about 50 different
cucumbers, but none of them are listed as English.
Any suggestions?

Why don't you try Armenian cucumbers? Those are, like the English
(hothouse) cukes, longer, thinner, virtually no seeds (when picked at up

a foot long), never bitter, and you don't peel them, they have no real

skin
(you have to see one to understand what I mean). I am quite surprised

they
are not much more widely grown...

n_w$$h
http://www.cilicia.com