Old 14-03-2007, 07:05 PM posted to rec.gardens
Cearbhaill Cearbhaill is offline

Default should I cut my banana tree down?

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hey everyone,

I live in North Central Florida, and have several banana plants in a
clump on my property. Some of the plants started producing fruit
back in November, however the recent freezing snaps have gotten to
them (despite my efforts). The plants with fruit stopped making
leaves soon after fruit appeared on them.

That is entirely normal- they fruit then they die.
That's why they send up new plants around the base.
Cut the spent ones to the ground.

--
Toni
South Florida USA