Old 15-03-2007, 01:31 AM posted to rec.ponds
~ jan ~ jan is offline

Default lost a large bf koi and other things

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:22:04 -0500, "Ann in Houston"
wrote:

We went out of town to San Antonio for spring break from Sunday, until
today. We knew that DH's uncle was a week or less away from passing away
from cancer, but we went on, knowing that he(DH) could fly home at a
moment's notice. Anyway, yesterday, my MIL came by to check on the cat, and
found one of my two largest bf koi lying on the driveway, evidently having
jumped out of the pond. He was not a classically attractive koi, not of a
recognized pattern. I used to find him endearingly ugly. Over the last two
years, though, I started to find him kind of pretty. If I can remember my
photobucket login, I'll come back and post a link to a pic. He was bright
yellow, with doitsu scales on the dorsal ridge and random looking red
freckles all over. kinda goofy.
The weird thing is that we had stopped at Water Garden Gems and picked up a
baby bf with gray matsuba scales and a yellow spot on his head and yellow
lips. The head is very white, which I hope is a sign of quality. I am
likely going back, the last wkend in March to try to get one more from Tank
Hollow Farms.

Any idea why they jumped out? ~ jan