Old 15-03-2007, 01:21 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
[email protected] BarrReport@gmail.com is offline

Default Amazon Sward Plant

On Mar 12, 11:56 am, "David Kershaw"
wrote:
Can anyone tell me the best substrate, the depth of substrate and the water
conditions required for an Amazon Sward Plant?
Regards David

Depends on other factors besides just the substrate.
But that said, providing ADA aqua soil will help.
Generally about 4-6" is nice, these weeds get very large, 3ft etc in
6-12 months.

Good CO2, good nutrients, good light, that's what makes a plant grow
well.
Mess with one of those, then you will not do as well.

I've not found anything that suggest they do better/worse in hard or
soft water.
I wrote an article on extending the known the range of E. berteroi in
the Santa Ynez river and the hardness was well over for gH, 600ppm the
KH was about 440ppm.

Extremely hard, beyond African rift lakes. Plants where all over.
CO2 will make them grow much faster, about 10X faster.

Regards,
Tom Barr