Old 16-03-2007, 10:04 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jack[_7_] Jack[_7_] is offline

Default can't read articles older than about 9 days - help!

OhioGuy wrote:
I'm using a news server called aioe.org, and for some reason I can't read
anything that is more than about 9 days old.

I realize that this isn't directly garden related, but it really affects
my ability to read older gardening usenet articles in here.

Can anyone suggest another free usenet server that doesn't seem to get rid
of messages until they are at least two weeks old? Sometimes I don't get on
here all that often, so I'd like to be able to read articles several weeks
back.

I'm using outlook express as my news reader, so if there is some setting
in there that might affect this, please tell me!

Thanks

Your email program may be set to delete the files 9 days old.
What email program are you using? Check the settings.
That will be $25