Old 17-03-2007, 06:45 AM posted to aus.gardens
HC HC is offline

Default Incorrect name tags on nursery plants

ROFLMHO!!! sounds like the easy option. Think I'd do the same!

Reminds me of the Flowering Cherry we bought many, many years ago, it
was supposed to be a double pink, can't think of the name at the
moment...anyway when it did flower it was a single, dirty
white/green/yuck colour and of course, the nursery said it wasn't bought
there...LOL

What else would you expect?

Bronwyn ;-)

Geoff & Heather wrote:
Many years ago in our innocence we bought some eucalypts from a nursery in
Perth, to go in our front garden. We picked them for (amongst other things)
height - we wanted ones that would go to about 3m - they just didn't stop
and 20 years later they are over 100 ft !! Fortunately we sold the house
before they got out of hand

"HC" wrote in message

G'day
Today while browsing through a local nursery I noticed a Frangipani that
carried a ticket stating it was a red variety (can't think of the variety
now, sorry!) and a photo of amazing dark red blooms. Nothing strange
about that, until you looked at the blooms on the plant and they were the
regular white with yellow centre blooms.

I know I've been caught by incorrect tagging in the past and these days
try to only buy a plant that is actually in bloom. I know mistakes can
happen but you'd think the nursery person would notice this and change the
label? This tree wasn't cheap either!

Bronwyn ;-)