Old 17-03-2007, 11:25 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
~Roy~ ~Roy~ is offline

Default Attaching Java Fern to drift wood

I made a trade today. I swapped out a nice big softball size chunk of
pipe organ coral for two large chunks of ready to use drift
wood........so, whats the best method of attaching java ferns etc to
the drift wood, rubber bands? I managed to thread some roots of
java ferns through some splits and holes etc, and stuck other JFerns
here and there with rubber bands.......so is rubber bands the way to
go or what? The rubber bands are not on really tight, to the point
they cut into the roots etc, but sufficient to hold the fern in place.
I had to make space as my Helvola lilly is going crazy in growing in
the display tank, so I had to make some floor space and also space for
light ......I just planted a few onion bulbs in the tank the other day
and already they are approx 6" in length.....

-------