Old 18-03-2007, 09:34 AM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Incorrect name tags on nursery plants

"HC" wrote in message
G'day
Today while browsing through a local nursery I noticed a Frangipani that
carried a ticket stating it was a red variety (can't think of the variety
now, sorry!) and a photo of amazing dark red blooms. Nothing strange
about that, until you looked at the blooms on the plant and they were the
regular white with yellow centre blooms.

I know I've been caught by incorrect tagging in the past and these days
try to only buy a plant that is actually in bloom. I know mistakes can
happen but you'd think the nursery person would notice this and change the
label? This tree wasn't cheap either!

Bronwyn ;-)

how annoying!!

but it has to be said, there are two kinds of nurseries - those which are
run by real nurserymen(andwomen), and the other kind. sigh!
kylie