Old 18-03-2007, 12:26 PM posted to aus.gardens
Terryc Terryc is offline

Default Incorrect name tags on nursery plants

Geoff & Heather wrote:
Many years ago in our innocence we bought some eucalypts from a nursery in
Perth, to go in our front garden. We picked them for (amongst other things)
height - we wanted ones that would go to about 3m - they just didn't stop
and 20 years later they are over 100 ft !! Fortunately we sold the house
before they got out of hand

Made the same mistake with Banksias for the front garden. "won't grow
much higher than he gutter". Lol, every leaf is above the gutter.