Old 22-03-2007, 01:29 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default worms! (book recommendation)

"Chookie" wrote in message "0tterbot"

Well, perhaps th easiest idea to take from the permie mob is to look at
edges and see how that can benefit you. I hadn't appreciated the lush
growth of edges till I read something about it in a permie doco of some
sort, now I use it all the time.

edges?

Yep -- the edge or border between two different ecosystems is a
combination of
the two ecosystems and therefore has a higher number of species, producing
higher yields and with better pest regulation.

Sorry Otterbot, missed this earlier but Chookie has encapsulated it well.
That is indeed what edges are about.