Old 22-03-2007, 10:19 AM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
2pods 2pods is offline

Default bleach treatment for soaking plants to remove snails, how long?

".D.E." wrote in message
I'm over run with trumpet snails and have decided to completely gut my
tank,
wash and shift the snails out of the gravel, dip my plants in a 5%
solution
of bleach to kill any snails and put the plants in a bucket of water which
I'll change a couple of times with fresh water. I was going to leave the
plants in the bleach solution for about 3-5 mins, then rinse them off and
put them into a bucket filled with ordinary water with a shot of chlorine
remover. I'll change this a couple of times just to make sure all the
chlorine is gone.
So 3-5 mins should kill all the baby snails on the plants correct?

Suggestions?

It might be worth putting some loaches in first.
Should be less snails to bleach off later.