Old 19-03-2007, 04:01 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Reel McKoi Reel McKoi is offline

Default Old UV bulbs

"~ jan" wrote in message
On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 15:25:48 CST, "Jim Hurley"
wrote:

Continued use of a functional bulb makes sense to me.

Would there be any device that would allow us to assess how good or bad
our
bulbs are? I would hate to throw one out with 75% efficiency. For that
matter 20% if it still handled the load in my pond, why change it? Maybe
that is the best answer. If it works, donīt change it. Tho somewhere the
cost of running and inefficient bulb must come to the price of replacing
it .

Does anyone have an idea how to assess the efficiency and cost factors?

Jim

Well...... in my non-UV-using opinion, I'd say when your pond starts to
turn green would be a good indicator. ;-) ~ jan

That may also indicate the bulb's sleeve needs cleaning, or you hooked it to
a faster pump pushing water through it too quickly.
--
RM....
Frugal ponding since 1995.