Old 22-03-2007, 08:59 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
1_Patriotic_Guy 1_Patriotic_Guy is offline

Default Spring Rose Care

I live in central U.S.A. -- I realize everything is relative and there
are no gaurantees, but like to learn and enjoy some gardening. I have
4 rose bushes of greatly varying size. The oldest is 9 years and is
currently pruned to 3 feet in height. The others are currently about
1 foot to 18 inches tall. In late fall, I mulched the bases almost
one foot deep with what I had available, mainly pine needles and some
leaves.

1) When should I remove the mulch in spring or should I just leave it?