Old 27-03-2003, 03:56 PM
Susan H. Simko

Default Double Delight and Miniatures

Kirra wrote:

I have a DD and the fragrance is just overpowering. I love the change in
colour from white to red and will often pick the flowers to bring inside
when the outer layer petals have opened and changed to red. As the flower
opens inside, the middle stays a creamy, white colour surrounded by the
outer red petals. I hope you enjoy this rose.

I have no doubt I will enjoy it. I have to admit to a bias in that I
have limited space in my yard so any rose that is put in *must* have
some fragance. DD is a winner in looks, imo, and was a real winner in
scent. I can't wait.

Good luck identifying the mystery roses. How many are a mystery? I am
fortunate to be the one planting all the roses in my garden (started with
bare grass and one small overgrown garden bed) so except for a couple of
minis I bought without tags, I don't have any mystery roses.

I have four roses that are Mystery Roses though I only care about
identifying three of them. One is a deep red, one a mauve and another
an almost glowing apricot. All have fragance. *grin* As I get
pistures this year, I'll put them up on a website. I just shot some
over the weekend of just the foliage but have yet to get them developed.
I know, I should have used my digital camera in addition to or instead
of my 35 mm but I'm still playing with the new 35 mm I got for
Christmas. *grin* I also want to put together a garden album one of
these days. However, that still doesn't justify my lack of use of the
digital camera since I also have a very nice ink jet printer for
printing photos. *grin*

Susan
s h simko at duke dot edu