Old 24-03-2007, 04:51 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Kurt[_2_] Kurt[_2_] is offline

Default New pond owner needs help

In article ,
"drsolo" wrote:

adding a venturi onto the pump decreases the efficiency of the pump by a
greater factor than running a separate air pump. Ingrid

Only because you channel some of the pump's output to the venturi. In my
experience, you don't need to divert much through the venturi to get the
right bubbles. My venturi is adjustable through a valve on top where
surface air is pulled down. I don't notice a huge difference in the
output that goes to my waterfall and the pump is still pulling the same
amount of water through the bio-filter I have attached to it.