Old 24-03-2007, 10:57 PM posted to aus.family,aus.gardens
Leanne Leanne is offline

Default X-post: Poisonous plants and childcare

but you still can't make it the total respoinsibility of the rest of
society to pick up where bad parents leave off, need to get back to
the root cause or we are always going to have problems.

I think wanting a safe environment with the people you pay to leave your
kids with is a far cry from anything you are talking about IMO. Kids don't
go a beat people up because they had poisonous plants removed from their DCC
when they were younger

Even if your kids know not to eat plants, toddlers tend to have a lack of
judgment at the best of times and may still eat a plant. My eldest (nearly
3) wouldn't eat plants, well I Highly doubt it. But my youngest (nearly 1)
will shove anything in his mouth no matter how many times we say no. By
putting things in their mouth they are exploring the world. I doubt you can
hinder a instinct like that until they just grow out of it.

--
Leanne