Old 24-03-2007, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aquaria.freshwater.plants
David Kershaw David Kershaw is offline

Default NO3 level and growth of aquatic plant ref: Paul Krombholz 1966

Thanks Tom,
It looks like I have to back down ;o) Though I am still
a little unsure about slow growing plants from a low nutrient environment
being subjected to high levels of nitrate and having to compete with faster
growing species, I'm probably thinking more like a gardener than an
aquarist. I will concede the argument, potassium nitrate is a very different
animal to the nitrate resulting from the breakdown of ammonia. Thanks again
for taking time to explain.
Regards David