Old 25-03-2007, 11:49 PM posted to aus.family,aus.gardens
Cheryl[_2_] Cheryl[_2_] is offline

Default X-post: Poisonous plants and childcare

On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 18:58:47 GMT, len garden
wrote:

maybe a safer option for families if families became more extended and
grandparents took on the child care duties for their married siblings,

(I assume you mean married children, although they aren't the only
children that will be requiring childcare) That's fine for those who
chose to have their children at a young age, but it's not so good for
those who didn't have children before their late 30's/early 40's.
Their parents would be heading into their 70's and trying to look
after very active toddlers, which could be a recipe for disaster. The
next generation, those of us who had children later, could potentially
be nearly 80 before our first grandchildren are born.

Cheryl