Old 26-03-2007, 12:04 AM posted to aus.family,aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default X-post: Poisonous plants and childcare

"FlowerGirl" writes:
(I also remember tutoring a poisonous plants class at uni and having a 19 yo
student pretend to eat a castor oil seed right after I emphasized that all
the plants were poisonous so to wear gloves, not touch their faces and to
wash their hands well and often. ... so I guess there's no accounting for
some.)

The giant-leafed weed we know as the castor oil plant and find growing on
disturbed wasteland -- is it that the self same plant from which castor
oil is commercially extracted?