Old 26-03-2007, 12:04 AM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default Pruning a standard ficus

"Luke" writes:
When is the best time to prune a standard ficus, I have this very large one
in a half wine barrel however it's canopy is quite spindly, I want to cut it
back to try and make the tree alot denser. How far back should I cut it?

Don't prune it just now, anyway. We are just into Autumn and could still
get a scorching hot day, and the newly exposed leaves could get burnt.
I don't know when the best time would be; but not right now.