Old 26-03-2007, 02:31 PM posted to aus.family,aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default X-post: Poisonous plants and childcare

In article ,
len garden wrote:

rearing children is a family matter prinarily and community/society
matter secondary, we seem to be putting all our eggs into the
secondary basket.

I'd disagree with that. Try going in to Sydney CBD with a 2yo in a stroller.
You find out exactly how much time hasn't been devoted to making it easy to
get round. At least DS2 will be out of his stroller in a year or two. If I
were a wheelchair person, I'd be out the front of the Town Hall with a
placard. And if our society is so child-friendly, where's the decent
maternity leave (to hark back to another thread), and the jobs that allow you
to pick the kids up from school?

Getting off my soapbox before things get out of control...

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue