Old 27-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Kostas Kavoussanakis

Default Newspaper seed tubes?

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003, Derek Dear wrote:

On Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:28:20 -0000, "Charlie"
wrote:

Did I see somewhere that you can germinate seeds in little tubes of
newspaper filled with compost? Can someone help me out with links or
instructions possible if I did?

Its a way of getting deep thin pots suitable for long sweet pea roots

I use loo rolls for this. I cover them with cellophane on the top to
retain moisture and avoid watering in 5-minute intervals :-) I poke
small holes on the cellophane to allow some air. I ignore the mouldy
growth on the outside. I place them on a tray (used to contain wrapped
chocolates for about, errr 30 seconds).

Kostas