Old 27-03-2007, 05:57 AM posted to aus.family,aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default X-post: Poisonous plants and childcare

In article ,
"Leanne" wrote:

there are a lot of grandparents out there who are more than capable of
looking after their offsprings offsprings.

why should my parents be responsible for watching my kids? [...]

Most peoples parents are at an age where they are ready to have fun, travel
and do what they want.. not be stuck down with more kids.

It's interesting how the view on this has changed. Once upon a time the
family was the smallest economic unit -- all the members of the family
believed it was their duty to support each other. The oldies cared for the
littlies, but were themselves cared for if they became feeble. This was
before the age of the SKINs, though!

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

Kerry Cue