Old 27-03-2007, 11:20 PM posted to sci.environment,alt.global-warming,sci.bio.botany
Exxon Liars & Crooks Exxon Liars & Crooks is offline

Default Unequivocal, john fernbach, "warming of the climate system is unequivocal"

On Mar 27, 2:12 pm, "john fernbach" wrote:
On Mar 27, 5:48 am, "farhaj" wrote:

Hey everyone out there!!!

If you wanna know really about facts and great information about the
topic log on to:

http://flowering.50webs.com

more will be coming very soon.

(p.s. don't forget to check out the adds on the page ...they too are
of great info)

I have no idea what this web site is like, because when I click on the
link, I get a message saying that it's not available. When I search
for it via Yahoo, anyway, Yahoo says it can't be found.

Do you want to provide some kind of link that readers can actually
follow?

Unequivocal, john fernbach, "warming of the climate system is
unequivocal"

http://www.time.com/time/health/arti...603320,00.html
Warming May Create Climates, Cut Others

Some climates may disappear from Earth entirely, not just from their
current locations, while new climates could develop if the planet
continues to warm, a study says. Such changes would endanger some
plants and animals while providing new opportunities for others, said
John W. Williams, an assistant professor of geography at the
University of Wisconsin, Madison.

Using global change forecasts prepared for the Intergovernmental Panel
on Climate Change, researchers led by Williams used computer models to
estimate how climates in various parts of the world would be affected.
Their findings are being published in this week's online edition of
Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences.

The IPCC, representing the world's leading climate scientists,
reported in February that "warming of the climate system is
unequivocal, as is now evident from observation of increases in global
average air and ocean temperatures, widespread melting of snow and ice
and rising global average sea level."

Tropical regions in particular may face unexpected changes,
particularly the rain forests in the Amazon and Indonesia, Williams'
researchers concluded.

This was surprising, Williams said in a telephone interview, since the
tropics tend to have little variation in weather.

But that also means temperature changes of 3 or 4 degrees in these
regions might have more impact than a change of 5 to 8 degrees in a
region that is accustomed to regular changes.

Species living in tropical areas may be less able to adapt, he said,
adding that that is speculative and needs further study.

Areas like the Southeastern United States and the Arabian Peninsula
may also be affected, the researchers said, adding that mountain areas
such as in Peruvian and Colombian Andes and regions such as Siberia
and southern Australia face a risk of climates disappearing
altogether.

That doesn't mean these regions would have no climate at all - rather
their climate would change and the conditions currently in these areas
would not occur elsewhere on Earth.

That would pose a risk to species living in those areas, Williams
observed.

If some regions develop new climates that don't now exist, that might
provide an opportunity for species that live there, Williams said.
"But we can't make a prediction because it's outside our current
experience and outside the experience of these species