Old 27-03-2003, 08:32 PM
Alan Gould

Default Newspaper seed tubes?

In article , Charlie
writes
Did I see somewhere that you can germinate seeds in little tubes of
newspaper filled with compost? Can someone help me out with links or
instructions possible if I did?

Yes, somebody gave us a rather nice hardwood gadget for that purpose as
a Golden Wedding present. It is not unlike a pestle and mortar. You wind
a strip of newspaper round the shaft with an overlap, press it into the
bowl and rotate it a bit - pull it out and there's a seed pot. I thought
that the module would need fixing at the top with sellotape, especially
when it was filled with soil and became wet, but it hangs together
surprisingly well. We germinate small to medium sized seeds in them sown
singly - the pot would not be big enough for e.g. beans etc.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.