Old 27-03-2003, 09:20 PM
zookeeper

Default Pond Vacuums - Any Experiences???

Don't bother with any of the pond vacs that attach to your hose --
they're next to worthless. A net to remove the leaves and a python
(water changer for indoor tanks) to get the "muck" works better than the
pond vacs. Or a shop vac designed to remove water and pump it out. And
net or cover the pond in the fall / winter to prevent the leaves from
piling up. I've also heard that a bottom drain works wonders, but don't
have one **yet**.
--
Kathy B, zookeeper (OR)
3500gal pond

Jeff wrote:
Hi,

I was looking to purchase a pond vacuum, to remove submerged leaves
and gunk from my pond (the pond is about 12ft x 6ft x 2ft deep, with 5
Sarasa's, all of whom survived the zone 5 Chicago winter) ...