Old 30-03-2007, 04:27 AM posted to aus.gardens
[email protected] johnston.rs@gmail.com is offline

Default Pruning and protecting a Bower of Beauty

Hello,
Does anyone have any tips/tricks for tip pruning a bower of beauty
climber (pandorea jasminoides)? It is growing up a 2.5 metre south
facing wall in an unshaded north facing garden that is very hot and
sunny (to say the least). It is now almost four months since it was
planted and several shoots have reached the top and I was wondering if
it is best to prune them now to promote new shoots/growth below?

Also, I understand bowers can be very frost sensitive. Does anyone
have any advice on frost protection?

Thanks very much for your help with his (and all the other information
I have gleaned from previous topics).
Regards,
Ryan