Old 30-03-2007, 05:16 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
NetMax NetMax is offline

Default it doesn't seem fair

My understanding is that certain states are banning Koi (ie: Maine).
The Chinese spent many years linebreeding for the colors we see on Koi
from above, and indigenous fish don't have the same colors. We could
line-bred colors into local fish, but keeping indigenous fish is also
illegal in many places. From my understanding, it doesn't leave many
options.

Maybe we can export our Bass & Sunfish to the orient, to buy them back
more colorful - as long as their new colors don't get them into an
undesirable (ie: illegal) category ;~)
~~