Old 30-03-2007, 12:29 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Pruning and protecting a Bower of Beauty

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello,
Does anyone have any tips/tricks for tip pruning a bower of beauty
climber (pandorea jasminoides)? It is growing up a 2.5 metre south
facing wall in an unshaded north facing garden that is very hot and
sunny (to say the least). It is now almost four months since it was
planted and several shoots have reached the top and I was wondering if
it is best to prune them now to promote new shoots/growth below?

in general pruning such a thing is good because it promotes more shoots &
therefore bushiness. (i can't comment on bower of beauty in particular).

Also, I understand bowers can be very frost sensitive. Does anyone
have any advice on frost protection?

i have a few frost woes myself :-) you can cover it & keep it covered until
it's thawed out after a frost.
kylie

Thanks very much for your help with his (and all the other information
I have gleaned from previous topics).
Regards,
Ryan