Old 30-03-2007, 02:20 PM posted to aus.gardens
Chookie Chookie is offline

Default Ping John Savage was junkets

In article ,
"0tterbot" wrote:

i would be interested to know, too :-) jackie french is on about nettles all
the time yet i too have not seen them except once or twice as a kid.
(perhaps she grows them specially).

She probably does. I remember encountering wild stinging nettles from time to
time in Dad's garden, but they were little plants with leaves smaller than
mint leaves.

Now my Dad is growing European stinging nettles -- deliberately. They have
leaves up to the size of my hand and they do pack a punch. They are also high
in iron and vitamin C IIRC.

http://tinyurl.com/35lxv8

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia