Old 30-03-2007, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Twiggy Pea Sticks

On 30 Mar, 15:24, "Melanie" wrote:
This is probably a daft question, but ... The advice is to support peas
with "twiggy pea sticks". I have no trees and no suitable shrubs in my
garden to cut any "twiggy pea sticks". Are these things available (cheap)
in the garden centres, or do I have to roam the countryside armed with
secateurs, dodging the twiggy pea stick police and irate landowners?

)) Yeah. Or your neighbours or friends. Even in town you can find
twigs - what about your local park, on the side of the streets/roads?
I use the twigs to deter birds and cats but the support is from a net,
or wigwam (or I let them climb on other bushes like a musk mallow and
on the other side on an overgrown hebe). Are these sweet peas of peas?