Old 27-03-2003, 09:08 PM
John Jones

Default [IBC] Worse than Mallsai?

"Jim Lewis" wrote in message
news:004901c2f45f$ad1b1960$49112cc7@pavilion...
[...]

The tiny little book is surprisingly accurate, considering it
probably contains 150 words! ;-) I have it on my bookshelf

with
all 135 of the "big" books. It produces the occasional
chuckle -- which (these days!) makes it worth the $5.00 it cost
me.

I noticed that myself, and was going to remark upon that fact
until my computer crashed in the middle of composing my original
poast..

So $2.00 is a BARGAIN!

The round, black pot (it isn't mica) now houses a mame privet
which looks OK in it.

Besides, the seeds WILL (or should, with care) germinate, in or
out of the little peat hockey puck. The kids may learn

something
there (and you might, also ;-). Who knows, you and your kids

may
grow a mame grove of jack pine (Pinus banksiana -- so the kids
can learn a bit about nomenclature, too.)

If they want to do it, let them -- then go out and buy them

their
own juniper, or ficus, or (for a REAL educational adventure)
Serissa to work with while the pines grow.

Here's the latest: We're going to follow the directions included
with her $2.00 bonsia kit (though the Barbi Doll scissors are
truly worthless and headed for the trash). In the mean time, my
daughter and I will go through my potentsai and pick a small one
she can call her own.

OK. Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm properly chastised.
hangs head