Old 01-04-2007, 11:43 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default worms! (book recommendation)

"0tterbot" wrote in message
"Chookie" wrote in message
"0tterbot" wrote:

Well, perhaps th easiest idea to take from the permie mob is to look
at
edges and see how that can benefit you. I hadn't appreciated the
lush
growth of edges till I read something about it in a permie doco of
some
sort, now I use it all the time.

edges?

Yep -- the edge or border between two different ecosystems is a
combination of
the two ecosystems and therefore has a higher number of species,
producing
higher yields and with better pest regulation.

Sorry Otterbot, missed this earlier but Chookie has encapsulated it well.
That is indeed what edges are about.

thank you.
and in what ways do you use it at your place?

Sorry but haven't been in here for a while - life got in the way. I use it
mostly around the edges of tree/shrub areas to grow things like veg -
especially strawbs and other things like parsley and smaller stuff that I
want to grow quickly and get a return on. I also use it in the decorative
garden in a similar situation. I'll bet you are already using it but
haven't taken note that you are doing so.