Old 03-04-2007, 01:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
MikeCT MikeCT is offline

Default Twiggy Pea Sticks

"Melanie" wrote in a message:
This is probably a daft question, but ... The advice is to support peas
with "twiggy pea sticks". I have no trees and no suitable shrubs in my
garden to cut any "twiggy pea sticks". Are these things available (cheap)
in the garden centres, or do I have to roam the countryside armed with
secateurs, dodging the twiggy pea stick police and irate landowners?

---
Hi Melanie,
There are still a few discarded small, 'real' Christmas trees in my home
area, just the job for supporting pea plants. I can imagine a line of
Christmas trees in the veg garden covered in pea plants, at least it would
give the poor things a second innings. Search around and you too might find
a few just waiting to be re-used.

MikeCT