Old 04-04-2007, 06:23 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
BruceM BruceM is offline

Default Scale control - methods for indoor control?

After reading many posts on scale cotrol, it looks Enstar II in
comobination with Orthene WP would be a good way to go, but I am not sure I
would want to use it on my plants kept in the house around pets. I only
have about 30 pots, all kept in the house, and would prefer a less "nuclear"
way to do it.

At the moment I only have one plant that I can defintiely say has scale ,
and it is in bad enough shape I am just going to throw it away.

Anyone have personal experience with using something available in common
box stores (don't throw anything)? I alwasy keep lots of safer insecticidal
soap on hand for my roses and think I may try that and / or a alcohol spray.