Old 05-04-2007, 11:11 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jonno[_8_] Jonno[_8_] is offline

Default this years potato patch

SG1 wrote:
"len garden" wrote in message
g'day friends,

ok bouyed with our success last year, we did the instant spud patch
again, this time with a kilo' each of 'sebago' & 'pontiac' spuds.
nowhere special just in the middle of the front yard.

got the agrlic in a few days after the winter equinox, got more to
plant yet and one has already sprouted.

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/instant_potato_patch.htm

With peace and brightest of blessings,

len & bev

--
"Be Content With What You Have And
A World That You May Not Understand."

http://www.lensgarden.com.au/

Geez Len I hate to complain but Autumn Equinox followed by Winter Solstice.
Jim
The world is full of nitpickers aint it mate?????

Where've ya bin?

This is the sorta stuff they teach at kindergarten here.
If the Equinox is followed by good rains the nitpickers will be out in
force. Picking nits of course. They grow extra well till we plant
garlic in Melbourne, which is about the time the nit pickers, not
being able to stand the smell, disapear.
So the difference between Q'land and Melbourne for planting is we
should plant garlic at the winter solstice...
Love the difference in temperature, but the Q'landers ham it up. We
had this lost Q'land bloke come into my electrical shop once to buy a
heater, and it was mid summer here....
We both had a good laugh....
Crickey!