Old 06-04-2007, 11:26 PM posted to rec.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Holly bush won't grow

"val189" wrote in message

My holly bush 'came ' with the house, so I don't know its age.
It gets dappled sunlight til noon, then direct sun for about an hour

Right now, the leaves seem curled, not very green, and I see little of
no growth in any direction.
Never had berries, btw.
Leave it alone, try some kind of pruning, fertilizer?
I'd like to get some height.

Sounds just like mine used to be. I removed the trees that were shading it
(not because of the holly, they just had to go for other reasons) and the
holly took off once it got more light.

The holly now has to be moved because some idiot planted it right beside a
window and about 2 ft from the house and a holly tree that close to the
house will not do.