Old 07-04-2007, 01:35 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
wendy7 wendy7 is offline

Default Scale control - methods for indoor control?

To a.bickell,
Is there a brand name for the Neem oil at the Asian food store?
I have used 2 kinds & want to use it as a preventative measure.
Have you heard the story on how the Indians found out about Neem Oil for
bugs?
It is interesting.
Cheers Wendy

"a.bickell" wrote in message
oups.com...
Bruce,

In India they use Neem oil as hair oil and in toothpaste. They also
use it striaght out of the bottle as an antiseptic. I think you can
consider it non-toxic and it does one heck of a job on scale insects
(cheap too). I buy mine at the local Asian food store for $3/bottle.
After use, just keep your plants out of the sun for a few days.