Old 07-04-2007, 10:13 PM posted to triangle.gardens
Philip Semanchuk Philip Semanchuk is offline

Default Dirty rumor: free compost from Durham solid waste?

Hi all,
I was at Durham's compost facility this morning and I was told by a
compost facility employee that they'll be giving away free compost and
mulch not this weekend but on the next two weekends (or perhaps weeks?).
In other words, you show up with a truck and they'll load it for you for
free. Please note that I only heard this from one guy, so you should
double check with the facility before showing up. It could be that I
misunderstood him or he misheard something, etc.

http://www.durhamnc.gov/departments/...t_facility.cfm

On another note, the new Durham Farmers' Market pavillion looks great
and was packed with people this morning despite the wind and cold. Local
organic greens are here again, yum!

Enjoy
--
Philip Semanchuk